PDA

View Full Version : Macro to open workbook from another workbook

U_Shrestha
07-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi,

I have a Folder named "EDIT-692", inside that folder there is one file named "EDIT-692-Project.xls" and a folder named "FilesDump". The "FilesDump" Folder would have several .xls files. One such file name is "FG.xls".

Objective: I want to be able to open all the files, (e.g. "FG.xls" from "EDIT-692-Project.xls". I would be copying the main folder "EDIT-692 in a flash drive, a CD as well as upload it in website. I am having problem creating that link from a macro that adjusts automatically.

Can someone please help? I have attached a sample sheet. Thanks.

Bob Phillips
07-04-2008, 11:58 AM
What are you trying to do? What doyou mean by link from a macro that adjsust automatically, link to wat, adjusts what?

BTW, you should not acess files from a flash or CD drive in Excel, better to copy to the HDD.

U_Shrestha
07-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi xld,

Clicking on command button of EDIT-692-Project.xls to open another workbook named FG.xls located inside "FilesDump" folder.

Are you saying that this link will work only when I copy the entire folder in a Hard-drive disc, and this link to open the workbook will not work if I try to open same file when it is located inside a flash drive or CD? Thanks.