PDA

View Full Version : Genenal VBA Reference Assistance

bfieldman
07-08-2008, 09:25 AM
I've been writing VBA code for Access (2003) projects for that last few months. I have a pretty detailed book that I use for a reference. When the book doesn't cover a subject, and I try to locate reference materials through the help screens or on the Microsoft Website, I find myself going around in circles trying to dig up information with limited success.

I would like to know if there is a place on the Microsoft website that has a complete language reference for VBA, or specifically Access VBA.

Let me give you an example of what confuses me. If you go to the Microsoft MSDN site to: MSDN Library/Microsoft Office 2003/Office 2003/VBA Language Reference/Microsoft Access Visual Basic Reference/Reference/Functions/Functions Reference

..you will notice that there are only 21 functions listed there. Well, we all know there are more than these functions available to us. So, where are they?

Isn't there a place that has the entire language documented?

Thanks.

CreganTur
07-08-2008, 09:30 AM
You can use the Object Browser built into the VBE. (Press F2 in the VBE window to launch it).

You can use it to look at Objects, Functions, methods, and parameters that are available to VBA via the different references you have set (click Tools -> References to set references). You can look at all libraries that are currently referenced, or drill down to a specific library.

HTH:thumb

bfieldman
07-08-2008, 10:07 AM
This is very helpful--right under my nose, as it were.

Thanks