PDA

View Full Version : List of Markup - specify paper tray?

ArchieDog
07-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi All

Can anyone tell me, please, is it possible to programmatically specify the printer tray from which a 'list of markup' is printed or does it just draw from the default tray & that's it?

Thanks for any help.

fumei
07-08-2008, 11:22 AM
I have no idea what the "list of markup" means, of what the relevance is to your question.

Your question seems to be: is it possible to programmatically specify the printer tray

The answer is: yes

Word has the following values for paper trays.

wdPrinterAutomaticSheetFeed
wdPrinterDefaultBin
wdPrinterEnvelopeFeed
wdPrinterFormSource
wdPrinterLargeCapacityBin
wdPrinterLargeFormatBin
wdPrinterLowerBin
wdPrinterManualEnvelopeFeed
wdPrinterManualFeed
wdPrinterMiddleBin
wdPrinterOnlyBin
wdPrinterPaperCassette
wdPrinterSmallFormalBin
wdPrinterTractorFeed
wdPrinterUpperBin

Further, you can set different trays for first page and other pages with (for example)....

With ActiveDocument.PageSetup
.FirstPageTray = wdPrinterUpperBin
.OtherPagesTray = wdPrinterLowerBin
End With

ArchieDog
07-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks for your reply & sorry, I didn't explain myself very well.

Word (2003+) has an option to print a 'List of markup' (File, Print, Print what?, List of markup). By 'markup' I mean revision marking/track changes but MS changed the term. This option prints a list of the markup in a separate document rather than printing it within the modified document.

I am wondering if it is possible to specify the paper tray from which this list is printed.

fumei
07-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Sorry, I do not have 2003, and can't help you with this. However, if it is a print job, there should be some way to direct it to a specific tray.

Did you try recording a macro doing this, then looking at the code? Try that and posting back. Someone will likely be able to help.