PDA

View Full Version : How to display the status of the user in access

sindhuja
07-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi All,

I have created a table named Time Tracker with the fields txtanalystname, cmdstart, lblstartime (should display the start time once start button is clicked), cmdend,cmdpause. Also have a table to track these timings...

Now my requirement is...

frmtrackerstatus is the form accessible only by the manager and this form should show the status of all the users who have logged in the database.
If the user is active then status should be in green color and the if user away from the system then yellow and if logged out then red is the color.

Can this be possible in access....:doh: if so help me out in this....attached the file for the reference...

Regards,
Sindhuja

sindhuja
07-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi,

Did any one get a chance to look into this...
Any help will be highly helpful...

Regards,
Sindhuja

sindhuja
07-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Is there anybody to helpme out in this... plz...

-Sindhuja

sindhuja
07-20-2008, 07:27 AM
This is my urgent requirement.....
Any help on this plz....

-Sindhuja

OBP
07-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Sindhuja, this can be done in Access, but only accurately if the Database is "Secured" using the Security Wizard. Otherwise you will hav eto create a Login Form, which is not a very good way to have users logging in.
If this is part of the same project you have real problems.
Who has set you this task?
The reason that I ask is that it not only requires a very good understanding of Access, but also some understanding of Visual Basic for Applications as well.

sindhuja
07-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Yes, this is part of my project...

Just to keep track of the time taken to complete the work we need to do this and also to know the status of the user...

-Sindhuja

OBP
07-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Are you going to Secure the database then?
How many Users are there?

sindhuja
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
currently 10-15 users....

-Sindhuja

sindhuja
07-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Any help on this....

-Sindhuja

OBP
07-26-2008, 03:53 AM
If you have Secured the database you can use Application.Currentuser to identify the person using the database on each computer. That information can be written to your tables and used in conjunction with Access Security to decide what they can and can't do.