PDA

View Full Version : word template to access form

leeweaver
07-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Is it possible to take a Word template (data entry form) and convert it to a access form?

We have been using a word template form but we are converting to a data base system that will catalog all of our data instead of having to print the forms and file them. I would like to shortcut the process and use the existing word template we have as a Data input form.

Is this possible?

Lee

CreganTur
07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
The simple answer is no.

Forms in Word (and all other Office products, except for Access) are UserForms, which is a completely different type of Form than an Access Form.

But, there is a way to overcome this problem!

You'll need to recreate the Form itself in Access- make certain that all of the objects have the same name in the Access form that they had in the Word UserForm. Then you can c&p the code from behind your UserForm and paste it into the code module for the new Access Form you created.

You may have to clean up some syntax errors, but for the most part your code should work, as long as the object names on your Access Form are correct. Also there could be a couple of other errors you'll have to clean up, depending on what your code is actually doing, but hopefully it won't be too big of a challenge for you.

leeweaver
07-18-2008, 01:03 PM
that's unfortunate, this form is very complex, and took the gentleman that produced it from the original paper form a couple weeks to get exactly right. Although I don't need to be that picky on it on screen. and i can use his form as a mail merge to print the information I will be storing in the data base. I'll give it a shot. and see what happens.

Lee

Charlize
07-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Perhaps save your variables (the values of it) to a delimited text file and import them in acces (create a macro for this) instead of printing the form.

Or you could use a connection (adodb) to store the values of the form to an access database.

Charlize

stanl
07-29-2008, 03:23 AM
you might want to look at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa155434(office.10).aspx

Stan