PDA

View Full Version : Varying Excel Range pasted to Word

jazzyt2u
07-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I've tried to find the solution on the forum but couldn't find it where I was looking.

I have an excel spreadsheet with questions breakdowns and correspoding graph bars.
The breakdowns can vary from 3 breakdowns to 20. I figure I'd setup one worksheet where they enter the breakdowns and their scores and another worksheet to display the breakdown and graph bar (linked to other worksheet)
Then I would delete any row that has a graph where the scores are zero which means they didn't need all of the graphs I've put as placeholders.

Each question and it's breakdown and graphs is one range that I will copy into word using bookmarks.

Now here is the questions ...LOL

Because some ranges will be big enough to fit only on one page and some ranges will be small enough where a few of them can fit on a page in word and I don't want to have half on one page and half on another how can I figure this out?
Each question also falls under a category and that category will need to appear at the top of the page each time a new cateory starts. Some cateories contain 5 questions. Others 10 and then when the same category goes on to a new page I still need to have the category appear at the top.If I am unclear please let me know. I have included a Sample spreadsheet. It's the second tab with the graphs that I will be pasting in Word. This sample shows 4 breakdowns but a different file may have more and I'll be using the same macro to process it. So is there a way to tell how big your range is at the time of creating it?

Help Please

macropod
07-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi jazzyt2u,

If you paste your ranges into Word as Excel objects, Word will take care of the pagination for you. You'd only run into problems if one of the objects was too large to fit on a single page.