PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Worksheet freezes up

nathan2314
07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Hello all :hi:
Has anyone ever encountered a problem in excel where if you delete a row then excel freezes up. I have about 8 sheets in the workbook and can delete rows in all sheets except one. When I try to delete a row, even a row at the bottom of the sheet ie row 600 or 1000 etc.., then excel freezes up. I've restarted my computer but that didn't help. Very weird.
I do have some VBA code that activates then any cells in the range of A1:Z8 is changed but that should cause things to freeze. I commented out this VBA code but the problem is still there. ??:doh:

gnod
07-16-2008, 08:52 AM
did you try it to other pc so isolate your problem?
can you post the code? or maybe you missed in other module of your file..

nathan2314
07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks gnod for the input. I tried on my laptop and had the same error. I figured it out though. In the sheet I was having a problem with there were a couple _change macros (textbox1_change() and combobox1_change(). One of these called another macro in which I had the statement 'Application.ScreenUpdating = False'. So I guess when I deleted a row, it would trigger the two _change macros and in doing so that statement would run. When I took it out the problem went away.

:rofl:

gnod
07-18-2008, 12:13 AM
kindly mark it solved..

thanks,