PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: auto add formula

plushman
03-01-2005, 05:42 AM
hi,i am new to these forum groups and have a question..i have data entered into a spreadsheet..my question is this?i have lets say c4---10..c5---6..i was told to come here and see if someone can give me a formula to do the following..i want to be able to highlight the cell and lets say add 5 to c4 to 15 without having to add them up first..is there such a formula?
thanks

Zack Barresse
03-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi there plushman, welcome to the board!!

We can make you a formula for just about anything you want. But can you be more specific in the nature of your explanation? Will it always be 5? What are the variables we are dealing with here?

And a small note: If you have a popup box asking you to select a range, that will be a sub routine, not a formula. A formula also cannot affect any other cells except that which it is in. Fyi.

plushman
03-01-2005, 09:37 AM
what i am trying to do is add totals to items i sell..i will show below how i have it done now...what i am wondering is if i sell more of a future or existing item i want to be able to take the number example 12 and add it to what i have sold already..ie 16 and add 12 to get 28..then if i sell 19 more add it and get 47..i dont want to have to add them up first and then enter...

product code desc quantity jan feb march etc
1304 angel bear 12 3 5
1204 bear 6 6 8

i want to be able to lets say i sold 15 more of 1304 in march,i want to add 15 to marches total and get 20 with a formula....is this possible...it will work with paste special but if there is a formula i would rather use that as i have a number of cells to use this for
thanks

mdmackillop
03-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Something like the attached?