PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Exporting to Excel

cmpgeek
03-01-2005, 09:05 AM
hey yall - i have a question.

i have a credentialing report that i run for our Medical Staff office every month. It has always been just a list of surgeons and the number of procedures that they have performed within the requested date range... nothing special... yesterday my contact in the Medical Staff office asked me if i could breakdown the total number of procedures so that they could see how many of each procedure was performed during the time frame... i did some tweaking and made it into a cross tab report that exports nicely to Excel.

my reason for boring yall with this is because i am wondering if something i possible... right now i can enter the date range and it brings me back all the information on all the active surgeons, or i can enter the date range and lookup numbers for the surgeons that are being reviewed that month and it can bring back all the information for those particular surgeons. Either way, it all exports to one big spreadsheet in Excel. I am running Crystal Reports 8.5 as of now, and what i am wondering is if there is a way to set up a field in CR that would work as a trigger (for lack of a better term) in Excel that when Excel sees it, it could create a new spreadsheet for the remainder of the report results...

I am not sure i am explaining this very well, so let me give you this as an example... the report i ran this morning included four surgeons... when i exported it, it all went to one sheet and then i went in and added 4 new worksheets - one for each surgeon. i then copied each surgeons information to their own sheet so that it would be easier for the Medical Staff office to find the information...

do yall think it is possible to make this an automated process? if it cant be done its not a big deal, but i always like to ask when there is a chance that something can be made more efficient for everyone involved...

thanks...
nomi

Brandtrock
03-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Nomi,

You could put a text field in your header, such as "Trigger" and set a formula in Crystal to suppress it if the surgeon's name is the same. This tag could be searched for by Excel in a macro that would then copy the data between each tag and paste it into it's own sheet.

I haven't opened my CR to figure out the formula you'll need to et the "Trigger" text to work but if you need help, I will open it on up and see what I can figure out.

Is this a version of the report I helped ya with over at Oz?

Regards,

cmpgeek
03-01-2005, 12:16 PM
...Is this a version of the report I helped ya with over at Oz? Regards,

no its not, but it is for the same office LOL

this was a very simple report that i would just run and then send her a small grid with the surgeons and corresponding numbers before. i hadn't thought about any of this until just yesterday...

setting up the trigger field (and its suppression) will be no trouble at all, i just wasn't sure if Excel could be made to do the rest...

thanks for your help!