PDA

View Full Version : New here

sugrue
07-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi there. I am the resident Excel guru (shows how little the rest of my office knows :dunno). I am hoping to learn enough here to stay ahead of them so that they never catch on to how little I actually know!

Although I have been programming since the Stone Age, I am fairly new to VBA, so I appreciate all the knowledge in this forum!

Jack

Oorang
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Welcome to board:)

Aussiebear
07-23-2008, 01:26 AM
G'day Jack,

Resident Excel Guru is a fairly hefty title.... but hey there's some highly experienced people operating in this forum, if you use the opportunity to get to know them, then the world is your oyster.

Bob Phillips
07-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Not the world, there are no oysters in New York anymore, for instance. Years of over fishing decimated them, and then pollution finally killed the beds in the 1920s.

Aussiebear
07-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Okay, so there's a little blemish in the dream.....

Bob Phillips
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Little blemish? Can you imagine a world without New York, that is unthinkable. One of the truly great cities of the world. London, Paris, definitely, Chicago, probably, Berlin, maybe, Los Angeles, Bejing, most certainly not, but New York incontrovertibly. Can't say about Sydney (or Brisbane), don't know them.

Simon Lloyd
07-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Sugrue, welcome, you will get to know xld as one of our "Resident Guru's" (but he actually knows a lot ;) )......oh and he usually suffers from indigestion from that dictionary he ate a few years back! lol