PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Scatterplot

MachaMacha
07-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Hello,

In the picture below I have data on individual/time/price unsorted. The columns to the right this data is sorted by individual ascending, then by time ascending. Each individual is a series on the scatterplot to the right with x-val=time, y-val=$.

My problem is that I would like to constantly update the left three columns with new data points which are not in order of time.

Is the best way to create this scatterplot to copy the values to the right and sort by name and then time and then create a series based on the individual's name? Or is there a smarter way to create this scatterplot which will update each time I add a new entry?

Or is it better to create a 2x2 array for each person with time and $ and then use a function/sub to sort each array by time and then have each array be the series on the scatterplot?

Thanks

mdmackillop
07-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Can you post the workbook?

mae0429
07-23-2008, 02:10 PM
If you're trying to expand the series and update the graph, why not create a command button that when clicked, just sets the source data to the expanded range? Maybe I'm oversimplifying what you're trying to do...