PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Copying graphs from Excel To Word

jazzyt2u
07-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi,

When I cut and paste a graph and other data the alignment is off. I've attached an example of how it looks. This happens the same through coded or manual process.

In Part 1 - I cut and pasted the question together with the graph and the graph is way to the right. Can I adjust that.

In Part 2 - It's better when I cut and paste the question separate from the graph.

In Part 1, 2 and 3
The problem is the spacing of the numbers between the first entry and the others. There's a gap I can't get rid of. It always appears in between the first two.

Any suggestions.

MOS MASTER
07-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Jazzy,

I don?t have your excel file to test the past proccess but did you try the paste special options yet in Word?

So instead of paste in word choose edit | paste special and try the different options you have (depend on what's on the clipboard) and see if one of them gives better results.

HTH

jazzyt2u
07-24-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm using bookmarks so I'm using the following code.
rngTD32.Copy
oDoc.Bookmarks("EEChartTitle").Range.PasteExcelTable False, False, False
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Also do you know the code to dump the contents of your clipboard from excel into Word using Find/Replace

jazzyt2u
07-25-2008, 03:10 PM
When I use the paste special it looks good. The bad thing is for one picture the word file size becomes the same size as the whole excel file I'm copying from and I have a lot more to copy over. Do you know of a better way to make it a picture and not an excel file embedded in word?
When I manually cut and paste the data using bitmap it pastes as a picture but the code doesn't do that. HELP!!!

jazzyt2u
07-28-2008, 09:26 AM
I have found what will work. First I have to copy the Excel data as a picture and then paste it into Word. That way it doesn't take up much room and it keeps the format that was in excel.

Range("A1").Select
Dim rngT10 As Range
Dim rngD10 As Range
Dim rngTD10 As Range
Set rngT10 = Selection
ActiveCell.Offset(2, 14).Select
Set rngD10 = Selection

Worksheets("DC1Chart").Range(rngT10, rngD10).CopyPicture xlScreen, xlBitmap

oDoc.Bookmarks("EEChart").Range.Select
oWord.Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdPasteDefault)