PDA

View Full Version : Convert MS Office document to PDF

sskannan
07-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Please help me if you can

I want to install Acrobat Professional 7 on a net work PC and setup few network folders where users can save their MS Office 2002 documents (Mainly Word, Excel and Visio) in there. Then write some code (VB or VBA) to convert MS Office documents to P D F and save back to the network folder to access by the users. Here security is not my concern. I want to use the PDF Printer for conversion.

Ideally a service should run on the network PC where Acrobat Pro 7 installed. which should do the job I need.

I know MS Office 2007 has got some add-in to do this job, but we have Office 2002, therefore that option is not suitable.

Any sample code idea would be very helpful.

RonMcK
07-29-2008, 10:29 AM
sskannan,

Have you installed Acrobat 7 Pro on your network PC, yet?
Your process:=
open a file,
select Print,
select Acrobat printer driver,
select pages to print,
set number of copies to print, and
print it.Have you tried doing this process manually?
Have you recorded the process using Macro recorder?

How do you want to select the file to print to PDF, from a listing of all files in a folder?

Thanks,

sskannan
07-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Hi Ron

I will aswer all your question in this post

Have you installed Acrobat 7 Pro on your network PC, yet?
Yes, I have installed on a network PC
Have you tried doing this process manually?
Yes, Manually it is working, but I need to open the document from the sae application( eg Word, Excel Visio ect)

Have you recorded the process using Macro recorder?
No not yet

How do you want to select the file to print to PDF, from a listing of all files in a folder? Yes, the plan is to have 4 different network folder for each department say each will have input and output. The uses will copy their files into the input folder and the code should pick them convert to PDF and put them back in the out folder.

I am trying to user the PDF Printer dll and write some wrapper code to do this task. Any advise /sample code would be a grate help.

Thanks

boy_plunder
08-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Why don't you just use Acrobat server and set up watch folders that will do it for you?

People drop their files in the in folder, and Acrobat saves a PDF to an out folder.