PDA

View Full Version : report appearance, edge cut off on labels

Gingertrees
07-29-2008, 12:22 PM
This may or may not have anything to do with VBA, but I'm confused by it anyway:

I have various reports in my database that users can print as consent forms and other paperwork for their clients to sign. Consequently, I have several "labels" on these reports that are quite lengthy. I'm having problems with one of these printing correctly.

I have attached a picture of how it looks right in design view, but does not in print view. The right edge of the label is cut off, so that "written" looks like "writter", "for" looks like "fo:", etc. Why????

There is no issue with the margins of the page (all fits), and I have tried all sorts of margins in the label itself. I know nothing about how to use VBA to fix reports. Please help.

CreganTur
07-29-2008, 12:33 PM
There is no issue with the margins of the page (all fits)
Are you sure that your margins are within the printable area of the page?

Every printer has its own "printable area" margin that cannot be changed... at least not without a dremel, a couple of hours, and your boss out of state :whistle: Anything that exceeds the printer's margin cannot be printed because the hardware can't do it. Now, this is a pretty small margin (0.18" around the entire edge on the printer I use). This might not have anything to do with your problem- I can't get a good idea of page margins from your screenshot.

Consequently, labels are the standard for inserting text into a report, so you're not doing anything wrong in using them.

Gingertrees
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Checked this, so I printed it out and took photos with a standard 12" ruler and my camera phone. There is printing out to 7/8" from the edge, whereas the text in question is 1 1/2" from the edge.

Ideas?

Carl A
07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I have seen this behavior in some reports I have designed and what you might try is in the print setup check your left and right margins and try reducing them a little this has worked for me. (but not always).

HTH

Gingertrees
07-30-2008, 08:51 AM
in the print setup check your left and right margins and try reducing them a little (but not always).

OK tried changing margins in either direction: .25", or to 1.5", but neither helped. Other ideas?