PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Converting to PDF

Paleo
03-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know of a way we can convert a workbook to a pdf file? (Other than using a printer driver like pdf995 or so).

Specially if knows how to secure the pdf file also.

Any ideas?:dunno

Killian
03-03-2005, 10:29 AM
I've used Acrobat products quite extensively for creating PDFs. The full product (Acrobat v6 now) integrates with MS Office and has all the options (including security) that you could wish for but has a price tag to match!
I just got a magazine with a free eval product by these guys
http://www.docu-track.com/home
I haven't had a chance to look yet but think if you want security features you need to upgrade but it's worth checking out for free to find out!

Ken Puls
03-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Carlos,

Don't know of any way to make a PDF without printing to a PDF format, but try looking up CutePDF on the net. It's free, (and open source,) so doesn't carry the price of Acrobat writers. Still need to print though.

Paleo
03-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi Ken,

Thanks but it didnt help, :( . Its free edition is just like pdf995, simply a printer driver that uses ghostscript for printing it in a pdf format. The programatic version costs US$ 499 so I keep on looking for it.

Thanks but if someone else knows an already converted sub to VBA, please tell me.:thumb
I heard that its possible by using VSTO, so I will try it and if I succeed I will post my solution here.: pray2: