PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Sorting Data

SUJU
03-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Hi
I am ownloading various daily prices for the past 40days,into an Excel sheet.
I need excel to collate and add the values into a weekly total - however, this total must be a Mon-Fri total. Thus i need four weekly total for each month but the totals must represent Mon-Fri. They can overlap over a month.

Thanx

Paleo
03-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi Suju,

could you post your workbook? Then I can make the propor changes straight in it and post it back to you.

SUJU
03-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi Suju,

could you post your workbook? Then I can make the propor changes straight in it and post it back to you.

Paleo
Thanx for your reply. Unfortunately i cannot post the workbook as it contains API data that will not upload without a DDE link.
I am posting something similar with some dummy data that i have put in just to give you an idea. The workbook is in xls format. How do i post it?

Airborne
03-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Hi Suju,

The workbook is in xls format. How do i post it?
Zip your .xls file. Then reply to the post. Choose Manage Attachments in Additional Options. Browse for your zipped file and then choose upload.
If you don't understand don't hesitate to ask:yes. And for more info you can read the FAQ.

Cheers,

Airborne.

SUJU
03-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Pls refer to attached Moneyflow.xls workbook.
Sheet : Hist Download is a dumpbin. Various stock tickers and their corresponding daily prices for the past 40 days downloaded.
Sheet: Weekly totals:
Col A same as previous sheet.
Cols B to E refer to the prices for 1,2,3,and 4 days ago.
Col F is the sum of B to E.
Cols G to J....this is where i need help.
Week total MUST refer to totals from a MON to a FRI. This must be sourced from Hist Downloads. So Excel has to first find the first Mon on the Hist Download sheet and then add the row value to the corresponding days of the same week....for each week.

Sheet % Change i will figure myself.
Pls ignore Sheet1.

Thanx