PDA

View Full Version : macros language help ?

KK1966
08-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Dear?s all

As I understanding the Macros Language of (.Sendkey ?@1?) = keyboards function key?F1? and (.Sendkey ?@2?) = function key F2 ?etc? now I have problems and query today I had going to toing yo y. specify the language needorks, hey the F10 can'he modual ry made the modules and that's one particular of the Macros language to call (.sendkey ?@10?), somehow' that?s can't be work with going to activate the keyboard key ?F1???? why

Anyone can help me why on at which parts I made a wrong? I had try the key of F11 / F12 also works, hey the F10 can?t be or any specify the language needs an identify.?

Pleased experts help

Kenneth Hobs
08-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Sendkeys should be avoided if possible.

To send F10:

Sub test()
Application.SendKeys "{F10}", True
End Sub

CreganTur
08-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Sendkeys should be avoided if possible.

To explain this: SendKeys can be a very large pain in the butt, mainly because the keystrokes are sent to whatever has the focus... so if another program pops up while your macro is running, the keystrokes could go the the wrong place.

Also, there is a security risk, as a malicious user could intercept your sendkeys and 'steal' your data that way.

They definately have their places, and their uses, but they can be a liability. If you want more information/opinions on Sendkeys, you can google the subject.

HTH:thumb

KK1966
08-06-2008, 06:00 PM
All brother's

I get understood
Thanks the help and advise,