PDA

View Full Version : Solved: writing to an ole embedded word document

leeweaver
08-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I have a table with a field that is an old object and has a embedded word document in it.

I am trying to import archival data into the system and need to write information to that ole object word document.

after the new systems goes "Live" the data will be entered into the embedded word file by the user. The old data that is contained in a table as regular fields (I had to export form an online data base, and import it into a table), I need to fill in the word documents for each record via vba. any words of wisdom?

CreganTur
08-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I need to fill in the word documents for each record via vba. any words of wisdom?

Sorry it's taken you so long to get any response to this thread.

What type of document are you writing to? Meaning: are you wanting to use the record data to fill out a form letter, or are you just writing the records into a blank Word document?

Also, while I was googling some OLE stuff I noticed that you posted this question at a couple of different places. There's nothing wrong with that, but please take a look at this article on Cross-Posting (http://www.excelguru.ca/node/7)

leeweaver
08-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Actually the embedded word file is being used in place of a memo field so that the user can use all of word's formatting abilities. The embedded word document is where instructions for corrective actions are placed. The form is used for failure reporting, and failure resolution. The failure resolution can sometimes be pages of text. The reason why I’m placing this into a data base is for failure trend analysis. My problem at the moment is importing all of the old data from the old system that used to be hand entered after the fact from a typed form into a data base. Now we will directly enter it into a data base and from there it will be printed on the form.

so in short i have an embedded word file in each record, in that word file I want to write the contents of a memo field from another table.

leeweaver
08-15-2008, 06:56 AM
I attempted to check out the article on cross posting. but the page will not load for me.

leeweaver
08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
I figured out how to write to an embedded word dcoument. but now the only way to see the information in the field is to double click on it. I need to show the contense without double clicking. will start a new thread and mark this one solved.