PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Missing libraries for: ftp, strings, date

drichird
08-06-2008, 10:33 AM
I am migrating a simple VBA project (Word 2007 macros) from one Windows XP machine to another. Both machines have 2007 installed, and also 2003 (a requirement). In the source machine, I specify these library references:

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library
Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library
Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0 (SP4)

Everything compiles/runs fine. When I migrate the project ot the new machine, I get a compile error ("can't find project or Library") on several of the functions: Left (VB Strings class), Date (VB datetime class) and on the class: "Inet" being used for ftp.

When the references window in the target machine pops up, it looks the same as above except for:
MISSING: Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0 (SP4).

That would explain why I can't compile the "Inet" class in the new machine.

I have 3 questions:

1. Isn't Microsoft Internet Transfer Control a standard component of a Word (Office) 2007 release? (How could it not be on the new machine?)
2. What libraries are Left and Date linking to, and why would they not be on the target machine ?
3. Given any function/class that is successfully resolved in the source machine, what's the easiest way to find out which library is needed for it's resolution, without unchecking checked libraries until it will not compile?