PDA

View Full Version : More than one SwitchboardManager

sindhuja
08-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi All,

Is it possible to use more than one switchboard manager in a database.
Am currently using one switchboard manager (default) in my databasse. Am in need of using another one.

I created the new switchboard (named details) from the existing one using addnew option. But am not able to view details switchboard in the form.

can anyone shed some light on this please...

-Sindhuja

CreganTur
08-07-2008, 05:19 AM
To be completely honest, I've never used the switchboard manager. A switchboard is really just a form with a lot of buttons that open other forms, queries, etc. I just make mine by hand:dunno

FrymanTCU
08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I used multiple switchboards and ran into this problem as well. The additional switchboards copied the format of the primary one. So I now follow CreagnTur's credo of using a form instead. What type of function or action are you performing that requires a switchboard?

OBP
08-12-2008, 02:41 AM
I also use standard forms with Command Buttons (but you can use anything that can be "clicked" as buttons) as it gives you total control of the Look and action of the Form, especially the VBA side to show/hide items on the forms.

Gingertrees
08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Sindhuja,
I'm doing just that in a project right now! I have the main switchboard that was designed by the wizard. I'll focus on two buttons: "Find client" and "Do paperwork".
Upon clicking the "find client" button, the "client switchboard" pops up. It's a form I designed with command buttons that run macros upon click. This has buttons for "search by last name" "search by first name" "print report X for a client" "print report Y for a client" etc.
If user clicks "DO PAPERWORK" on the main switchboard, they have command buttons to open various forms, print groups of reports, etc.
Any help?