PDA

View Full Version : displaying embedded word document on form without double clicking

leeweaver
08-18-2008, 10:19 AM
I need to be able to display the contense of an embedded word document without having to double ckicl on it.

the .visable prooerty does not do the trick.

OTWarrior
08-19-2008, 01:50 AM
What do you mean by "without having to double click on it"? Does your code to display the document fire on double click?

What code do you currently have?

Can you currently display the document, or do you need help with this also?

leeweaver
08-19-2008, 05:29 AM
RIGHT

leeweaver
08-19-2008, 05:29 AM
RIGHT NOW

leeweaver
08-19-2008, 05:30 AM
Right now the document will display

leeweaver
08-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Right now the document displays as you page through the records on the form "Sometimes" but not allways. If you double click the field it opens the document for editing, and then you allways see the content then. as for code there is only the code to create and embed the document at this time nothing for display. It's just a field on the form. and 1 line that I added to try to explictly set the field to visable.

but here is the code

If IsNull(block16_name.Value) Then '''''''' If there is no name in block 16 then this record has not been used and we can make the blank embedded word document.

' Specify what kind of object can appear in the field.
block19a1.Class = "Word.Document"

' Specify what kind of object can appear in the field.
block19a1.OLETypeAllowed = acOLEEmbedded

' Create the embedded object.
block19a1.Action = OLE_CREATE_EMBED

block19a1.Action = OLE_ACTIVATE

' control the size to the text box.

block19a1.Height = 2880

block19a1.Visible = True
End If

leeweaver
08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
I have figured out what causes the document contense to display or not.

If when entered the user pressed enter after the entry teh document will display when paging through the records on the form. if when entered the user does not press enter then you have to double click to see the information.

I have tried to add a carriage return to the text by adding CHR(13) but it does not have the same effect as pressing return.

any ideas on this?