PDA

View Full Version : Using Excel to look at charts

irozak
08-19-2008, 03:55 AM
I have list of stock codes in Excel and I am trying (unsuccesfully) to make vba code to:

1. Grab the first stock code in the column > enter
2. Open 'Big Charts' and paste the stock code in there......or is it easier to concatenate the code into the url in an adjacent cell and let Excel activate it ..... ? > enter
3. Let me view the chart and open a comment box for me to make a small note > enter
4. Paste the comment in a cell next to that stock > enter
5. Move down to the next stock and repeat the process.... (there are hundreds of them!)

Then I have a printable record of what I saw in that session, and I can add or remove codes from the list ready for the next session.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bob Phillips
08-19-2008, 04:43 AM
That is about as clear as mud to me. I don't get the concept of pasting into a chart, a chart presents data.

Do you have an example of what you are lookig to achieve that you can post.

irozak
08-19-2008, 04:49 AM
I just want to look at the chart, the note will be pasted back into the excel list.

Bob Phillips
08-19-2008, 04:55 AM
I quote ...

Open 'Big Charts' and paste the stock code in there......

irozak
08-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Take the first stock code (eg BHP) from the list in excel and tell BigCharts to display the chart for that stock. I believe there are a couple of options.
One is to copy the code from the list and write it in the search box of BigCharts and display the chart.
Another way is to use excel to concatenate the stock code into the BigCharts web address and then let excel activate it from there.