PDA

View Full Version : My Excel Crashes on Close

CaptRon
08-19-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm having two problems. I built a wkbk for reporting performance measures. When this workbook is opened and closed, even without making any changes, the file size sometimes increases by 5-20 kb. Why?

But the worst is this....if I have more than two of these wkbks open and don't close them individually (that is I click on the big red X in the upper right corner to close the application), Excel crashes and recovers the files as version1, etc. I can get by with one or two of these wkbks closing at once, without seeing this behavior, but 3+ and its crash time. I usually close each workbook one at a time, but some of our folks might not. This occurs with both Excel 2003 and 2007.

I'm 87.6% sure its something in the macros that run on close. It's like the app is trying to close and run a bunch of code at the same time and just can't do it. I don't know. I've tried stepping though the code (in the standard modules) but this doesn't reveal a problem -everything works fine.

I'd like to figure out how to disable Application.Quit if more that 1 wkbk is open to encourage the user to close each wkbk one at a time.

I've attached one of the wkbks. They range in size from about 500 kb to 1600 kb. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ron

CaptRon
08-19-2008, 08:15 PM
OK, I've got the "disable Application.Quit" thing figured out. That was the biggie.

Still don't know why the workbook gets larger with each open/save/close.

Ron