PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Need To Keep User From Tabbing To Next Record

CreganTur
08-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Overview: I've built a database that pulls account information from one of the systems here at work. The Users add/edit data on a form, and then when they click Next Account the data is used to fill out a form letter in Word (from a template) and then the new template clone is saved to a share-drive location.

Due to the nature of this project, I took away Navigation buttons so that the user can only move forward through the recordset, and only move forward when they work an account. The problem is that they can still move forward to the next record by tabbing through all of the Form's fields, and over to the next record.

I do not want them to be able to tab to the next record... but being able to tab through the textbox fields makes adding/editing information easier for the user.

How can I keep the users from tabbing to the next record?

GaryB
08-20-2008, 04:23 PM
One thing you might try doing is in the properties menu for the form under other you will see a field that says "cycle". Click on the arrow and select current record. When you do this tabbing cycles through only the record that is open.

Gary

CreganTur
08-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Thanks Gary, this is a life saver!

GaryB
08-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Great,

Glad it worked for you.

Gary