PDA

View Full Version : Automating Access to Excel

rcbricker
06-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Anyone know if I can export a blank Access form into Excel?

That will be something i would like to work out so that it is auto populated with a macro from workbooks 2 and 3 of my previous Excel post: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194

Anne Troy
06-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Why would you wanna do that, dood?
Is there some reason we can't just let you export to a new workbook each time, give you the code (that you're asking for in the Excel forum) and let you run that on *any open file* instead of coding up a specific workbook? What am I not understanding?

SJ McAbney
06-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Anyone know if I can export a blank Access for into Excel?

This is not possible. Access forms are different from other Office applications' userforms as they are expected to retrieve and display the data of one record at a time.

Also, you can't get a blank Access form. ;)

It's either unbound or its bound.

Anne Troy
06-03-2004, 02:01 PM
LOL. I thought he meant a table...didn't realize "form" was just misspelled. My bad.

rcbricker
06-03-2004, 03:42 PM
So basically I am going to have to regenerate the form as best I can if I want to automate it. Damn!:bawl

rcbricker
06-04-2004, 11:13 AM
MAybe if I explain what I am trying to do, then we might be able to do it.

There is an access db in the office that has a form. This db is set up for different types of users. The person that process the bills (me) and the person who cuts the checks. When I fillout the form I must print it out and hand in the hard copy to accounting. There someone REENTERS all the same info I entered to create the exact same sheet (with the exception of a couple Accouting lines in the bottom right of the form). When they created the sheet they did not creat a set of tables to save the varying information. had they done this, It would be as simple as having little windows pop up asking for certain in that would autopopulate certain never changing info. So, I want to make an exact copy of the design of that form in Excel so that I can Automate the input (something they should have done in Access to begin with).

Can this be done? If can it be copied into Word? If not does anyone know of a way to make a copy of an access form that can be autopopulated from XL and printed with a series of buttons?

Anne Troy
06-04-2004, 11:17 AM
So...you're just printing it?
You could make an Access report a whole lot easier.
Then, make another that doesnt' include the info they don't need.
The printing of the 2 can be automated...

ptvGuy
06-30-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm not understanding why you need to move it to Excel. Adding a simple check box or command button to the form with a small bit of code that makes the Accounting elements visible or invisible seems a lot easier to me. (You could even design a custom report.) Then you don't have to mess with the underlying table structure. However, if you must use Excel, you'll have to import the tables from your database, select the appropriate data on the spreadsheet, and have Excel create it's own form for it--which won't be pretty.