PDA

View Full Version : Change the background of a TABBED form?

Gingertrees
08-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Is there any way to change the background color on a tabbed form? I know how to change it on normal forms, and on the area surrounding the tabbed area.

The tabbed part seems to just adopt whatever color the user sets for "3D Objects" on their PC.

I have attached an example of what I mean. I changed the 3D Objects color a few times, and notice that the tabbed form changed right along with it, matching the Access menus above it. (tip: never set your 3D Objects to hot pink, for your own sanity :eek:)
~Gingertrees

CreganTur
08-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Since there is no Back Color option for Tab Controls, then I imagine that controlling their color directly would be a dubious task beyond the mortal ken :wizard:

I have found one workaround... but it's kind of involved.

Create a rectangle the same size (or just a little smaller) than your tab control
Set the rectangle's back style to Normal and select a color
Create your tab control
place the tab control so it completely covers your rectangle
set your tab control's back style to transparent- this will make everything but the actual tabs transparent so the color of your rectangle shows through.There could be some issues with doing this- just remember to use Format -> Bring To Front/Send To Back to control how everything overlaps.

If you play around with it enough, you may get it to work for you.

HTH:thumb