PDA

View Full Version : VBA tutorial

techforay
08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Does anybody know of a good online VBA tutorial for novices

CreganTur
08-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Does anybody know of a good online VBA tutorial for novices
I'm guessing you want to learn VBA for Access?
The Training available here on Vbax is geared toward Excel mainly, but a lot of the basics you learn there carry over into using VBA in Access.

I don't know of any other online tutorials... but I can suggest a good book: Access 2003 (or 2007) Programming by example with VBA, XML, and ASP.

It takes you through the basics, all the way to advanced VBA techniques.

techforay
08-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Thank you for the suggestion on the book. I will pick it up. You mentioned traning here on Vbax. Can you be a little more specific. I think it would be worth my time to take it.

CreganTur
08-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Thank you for the suggestion on the book. I will pick it up. You mentioned traning here on Vbax. Can you be a little more specific. I think it would be worth my time to take it.

Just click on the 'Certificable' link in my sig.- it'll take you to the trianing/certification page here at VBAX.

It's a certification program specifically for automating Excel with VBA, but many of the basic precepts will carry over to VBA for all Office products- message and input boxes, If statements, Select Case statements, Loops, arrays, etc. You can check out the first lesson for free.

You can also feel free to ask questions here on the forum- we'll help out as best we can.

BTW, welcome to the forum- always good to have new members!