PDA

View Full Version : Modify Variables in One Workbook from another Workbook?

cellist
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm using some code in one of my workbooks that is installed as an addin, namely Compare.xla (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm), which I downloaded from pearson.com (I'm not permitted to enter the actual link since I'm new here:hi:)

The addin works perfectly; however, I'd like to invoke the process from within a macro and have the user not have to interact with the Compare.xla user interface, which asks for the names of two worksheets to compare. I've been able to invoke the addin using application.run without the user having to go to the toolbar and selecting "Compare worksheets", but the user still has to enter the names of the worksheets.

The only way I can imagine to eliminate user interaction is by dynamically modifying a couple variables (the output of the userform where the user normally would enter the names of the worksheets) from within my macro. Is it possible to do that -- perhaps in much the same manner as one can modify cell(s) in another workbook?

TIA,

Phil

rbrhodes
08-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Phil,

Not sure how you want to put the names in the macro, so I simply hard coded them in this version.