PDA

View Full Version : Problem pasting a Picture into an image control

xltrader100
08-24-2008, 08:14 PM
This is the note I included with the attached Workbook:

Problem:
The pumpkin is in some strange format that behaves differently than any of the other pictures when pasted into an image control (or a frame or anything else that will take a picture). These pictures were all downloaded from Excel's More Autoshapes collection, but the pumpkin is the only one displaying the problem. The typename for all of them is Picture.

To see the problem in action, draw a selection rectangle around the yellow area on the sheet and CopyPicture. Appearance: As shown on screen, Format: Picture.

Then open up the included userform and select the image control. Open the Properties Window and click to the right of Picture where it says (None), and Paste.

Everything shows up in its proper location except the pumpkins, which all pile up on top of each other in the corner. I've used this method probably hundreds of times and this is the first I've come across this.

Ideally, I'd like to know how to make it work properly, but failing that I'd like to know how to recognize this format ahead of time so I can avoid it. All ideas welcomed.