View Full Version : random columns to be copied

k_v_deepu
08-28-2008, 12:56 AM
hi

i have 25 columsns in my excel.
In my first row i have Months and each month is Merged for 5 columns
in my second column i have date, average time, etc
i have to select average time from each month thru a macro

but if i try to select one column suppose "B:B" , excel is selecting all the five columns from that particular month like "A:E" because my first row is merged

Please help me

Bob Phillips
08-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Edit: Response deleted because OP is cross-posting at MrExcel, and I forgot it was him when I responded.

k_v_deepu
08-28-2008, 01:58 AM
i am new to this forum, and i dont know that both vbaexpress and Mrexcel
are same.........
please guide me if i am wrong.

Bob Phillips
08-28-2008, 02:29 AM
What you are doing is putting your needs above the needs of the responders by getting more than one person working on your problem. It may be the most important thing to you, but it is not for us, and we offer free help as a goodwill gesture. Actions like yours break the goodwill.

VBAExpress and MrExcel are not the same, but some people visit both, and that is how cross-posting may be spotted. But others don't, and they may continue looking for a solution on one board when it has already been resolved on another, as happened yesterday with your post.

It is generally considered at least mitigation if you mention that you cross-posted on another board, with a link, people will at least know; like myself, they can then not bother even trying to help if they so choose.

k_v_deepu
08-28-2008, 02:46 AM
thankyou so much for making me understand,
in future i will not do this kind of mistake
i will post in any one forum or atleast i will put the link as u told

Aussiebear
08-29-2008, 04:48 PM
This thread is now closed. k_v_deepu, if you believe that there is merit is reopening this thread, you may request someone from Admin to do so, however given that you were offered a solution at another forum, it would need to be a significant reason to do so.