PDA

View Full Version : Solved: What Does "Me" Mean?

Cyberdude
09-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I hate to admit it, but I can't remember what "Me" means.
Anyone? :bug:

Bob Phillips
09-01-2008, 08:42 AM
It is you!

Seriously, it is a refernce to the containing object, so in userform code, it refers to the userform, in ThisWorkbook code it refers to the workbook, and in a worksheet module code, it refers to that worksheet.

MWE
09-01-2008, 02:04 PM
It is you!

Seriously, it is a refernce to the containing object, so in userform code, it refers to the userform, in ThisWorkbook code it refers to the workbook, and in a worksheet module code, it refers to that worksheet.actually, ME could refer to a Mechanical Engineer, a person with those initials, or the two you mentioned, i.e., the pronoun for self or the containing object in VB. For those "lucky" enough to be a mechanical engineer and have the initials ME, one is never quite sure what is going on :devil2:

asingh
09-01-2008, 07:42 PM
In programming (VBA)..it is the current container. The object whose code window is open...the IDE will/can see that as "ME" object.

Cyberdude
09-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Hmmmm . . . why would anyone use something that documents so poorly?? (Except to save some key strokes)

asingh, I've never understood how to pronounce a word that ends in "ingh". i don't suppose it's anything like "Ugh!" . . . or is it?? :devil2:

mikerickson
09-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I use Me so that I can change the name of a userform without having to recode all the references.
In Class Modules, its almost manditory for some common things.

Also, I initial anything I approve ME .

asingh
09-03-2008, 08:35 AM
pronounce it :

a + sing = Asingh..!

:)