PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Alignment of many controls on user form

jwise
09-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi,

I'm working on a survey that asks the user for a rating like school ("A", "B","C", "D", or "F"). Of course, the user may ignore the question (No Answer). There are seven of these, then 4 "Yes/No/No Answer", then 8 "ratings" where the user inputs a "1" to a "5" (or No Answer again). The point of all this is to say that there are many controls that will be on the UserForm. The previous survey was much simpler (4 "Yes/No/No Answer") so aligning the controls was tedious, but doable (12 total controls- mimicks the written survey). With the much larger survey #2, I must believe that there must be a better way to align all these controls.

For each of the 3 sections of the survey, I'll want all the controls in nice rows and columns. How does one do this? My method on survey # 1 was to try the toolbar. When I would group the related controls, the "align left" or "align top" would be greyed-out, making the toolbar worthless for this purpose. I resorted to going to the properties and changing all the numbers (I guess these numbers are in pixels or something) until the userform looked right.

I also have an adjacent label field where the survey question is written. This eliminates confusion on the part of the user. The actual survey is hand written; my code is used to populate data sheets so managers can see trends in the data. This is a data capture tool.

mikerickson
09-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Instead of putting similar controls in a group, put them in a Frame, which can be aligned, etc.

mdmackillop
09-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Select the controls on the form and enter a value for Left in the property box. This will align all selected controls.

jwise
09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the advice. It worked!