PDA

View Full Version : Extracting data from emulator with excel

Alvin T
09-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new to programming so please help if possible. Long story short, I started a new job to as a systems analyst with little experience. The person before me made applications to run on PDA's using visual studios.net 2003. He also wrote code in excel 2003 to extract the data when it was synced to the computer. People overseas want to use the application with no PDA to run it on. We are going to send over the application and they would run it on this emulator (Standalone Device Emulator 1.0 with Windows Mobile OS Images). The problem I am having now is that I need to rewrite the code that exists in excel to extract data from the emulator's storage card, instead of a symbol. Please Help... Thanks!!!!!!

Bob Phillips
09-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Sounds to me that you are well out of your depth, and your company should be buying in some help from someone who knows about these things.

Alvin T
09-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Sounds to me that you are well out of your depth, and your company should be buying in some help from someone who knows about these things.

So I am guessing that this is way too advanced for me right now....

Bob Phillips
09-04-2008, 02:24 PM
It certainly sounds like it to me.

It is crucial that the processes, connectivity, and transfers are designed properly, and for that you would need someone who uderstands PDAs as well as Excel, and connecting them. Get the design right and the development is straightforward, get it wrong and you will be floundering for ever.