PDA

View Full Version : Trial Version Code for Access

TalonTC
09-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Hello All,
I am creating an Access 2003 db for a client and want to send him what I have created so far. I want to add some sort of VBA code that will kill the program after 10 days. Is there a way to do this with VBA? If so what would the code be and where would I put it?

Thanks for any help.
Dan Tuma
Talon Tech.

Mavyak
09-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Are you trying to make it like a 10 day trial application that deletes or disables itself after 10 days or one that just stops processing data after 10 consecutive days from the time it is opened/launched?

TalonTC
09-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Thank you for the reply,
I am looking to have the whole program be inaccessable once the time period is over.

Dan Tuma
Talon Tech.

Mavyak
09-05-2008, 04:58 PM
How secure does it need to be?
Are you password protecting the VBE?
Is this an *.mdb or an *.mde?

TalonTC
09-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm not going all out just yet. I just want to send a 80% completed project in order to get their feedback, without the risk of them keeping it as it is and not paying the balance owed. By making it inoperable after a short time period I lower my risk.
It is an mdb right now but when I deliver the finished product it will be in mde format. Another expert gave me a pretty simple, yet effective solution, but any suggestions you may have would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Dan Tuma
Talon Tech.

Mavyak
09-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Private Sub Form_Load()
If Now() - 10 > CDate("9/6/2008") Then
MsgBox "Yo!"
DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo
End If
End Sub

Password protect the VBE and then change "9/6/2008" with the date you send them the file. FYI, password protecting the VBE is easily crackable in Excel. I've never tried it in Access though.

hth,

Mavyak

TalonTC
09-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Appreciate the help. I don't think I am too much at risk here. This is just the kind of speed bump I am looking for.

Thanks all,
Dan Tuma
Talon Tech.