PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Changing QAT Icons

Paul_Hossler
09-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Is there a convient way to change the QAT icons?

I've tried right-clicking everything I can think of.

I've been re-naming Word.qat (etc.) as Word.xlm so I can use MS's XmlNotepad to manually add an imageMso attribute and set it to the name of one of the build in mso images.

Seems to work OK, but not very convient

Is there a 'Customize' button somewhere that I've missed?

Paul

TonyJollans
09-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm not well up on this but some of them can be changed ...

Office Button > Word Options > Customize tab.

Below the right hand list there is a Modify button. This lights up and can be used to change the icon for the buttons it lets you change. For other controls I don't know.

Paul_Hossler
09-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Tony -- thanks for the answer

I wasn't very complete in my question. I had found out how to add/delete commands to the QAT (finally)

I was looking to change the icons for my macros that I drop on the QAT (right now, they all seem to come up as a green circle) or for some the other commands that don't seem to have an icon (RedefineStyle)

I was hoping that there is something I'm missing

Paul

TonyJollans
09-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Hi Paul,

You should be able to change the icons for macros - by selecting them in the customize dialogue and clicking Modify - but, as far as I know, there isn't anything you can do about the anonymous green circles that show up for built-in commands.

Paul_Hossler
09-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks -- will try that

Paul

Edit: Well, I'm a bit smarter now. I can do it for macros (but the icons are limited). I did found I can go in and edit the Word.qat to put in a idMso on a control that shows as a green circle, but it get cleared the next time I try to customize, and the little green circle is back