PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Dynamic Filtering of records

JohnyG
09-11-2008, 12:54 AM
I am trying to build a user form which will be used for searching purpose.

I have connected 4 columns with respected Comboboxes. First of all I would only like to get unique values. For examples Column A contains three values which keep on repeating in combobox. So?

a) I need only unique values in all comboboxes.
b) Secondly I want the search functionality that should work in following manner.

If I selected any value in Combobox 1 then when I click on Combobox 2 I will get only the filtered values basis combobox1 selection. This functionality should be dynamic because I don?t want any fix format for search criteria. Means if I select any value directly in Combobox3 then all the other combobox should get filtered basis selection in Combobox 3. and this way search gets narrowed down with every combobox value selection.

MaximS
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi I don't see the point for creating such user form as it won't perform well under Excel (it's rather job for Access). However simple Autofilter should do the job. I've added extra column to see which values are unique.

Please see attachements for details.

JohnyG
09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your help.

Actually as per the requirement i can't use the simple filter. I need to prepare a user form where in i have to provide with the funtionality mentioned my previous post.

So any further help will be appreciated ...

MaximS
09-16-2008, 04:08 AM
Hi JohnyG,

I think this my be solution you are looking for.
Couldn't do it earlier as I left it unfinished on other desktop.

I hope it was worthy waiting that long.

Check attachement for details.

JohnyG
09-16-2008, 05:08 AM
Thannx Maxims...

Bob Phillips
09-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi I don't see the point for creating such user form as it won't perform well under Excel (it's rather job for Access).

I can't believe you really think that, Excel is perfect for such a job, better than ACcess when it comes to forms.

MaximS
09-16-2008, 06:40 AM
All it was that creating that form was like going around build-in function (Autofilter). I've done it as I found it challenging and real chance to learn something new.

But if I had to do it for querying larger amount of data where relations are important I would rather use Access.