PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Distribute Template

mphill
09-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi Again,

I have the macro working fine on my machine from the .docm. I have it saved as a .dotm.

Problem 1. After launching the .dotm, on my machine, Document 1 loses the Excel reference add-in and throws a compile error. And I have to add the Excel object library back in. Not good for the eventual users.

Problem 2. I sent a copy of the both the .docm and .dotm to an individual to test. No macro code went over. Should I have sent my normal.dot, too?

The template will reside in a network folder. Should it contain the normal.dot? I have read a number articles on the web about this but may have just confused myself.

Word 2007

mphill
09-12-2008, 07:19 AM
After shutting down my machine and booting up this morning problem 1, the object library not staying attached, seems to have resolved itself. It may have been server problems as there have quite a few lately.
This seems to be a related issue for problem 2, too. So I am going to mark this as topic as solved. :bug:

lucas
09-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Problem 2. I sent a copy of the both the .docm and .dotm to an individual to test. No macro code went over. Should I have sent my normal.dot, too?

The code should be in your template, not in normal.dot