PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Worksheet Help

cabotiger
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I have a worksheet that does what i need it to do but i am looking for any suggestions to clean it up. The daily tab is where i need help. I need to find a better way to calculate the taxes so i will not have hidden rows ans any other ideas to shrink the file size. Can anyone help?:think:

Bob Phillips
09-16-2008, 12:36 AM
What is the purpose of the hidden rows, what do they do?

And why do you use =SUM(C20:C93)+C19, not =SUM(C19:C93)

cabotiger
09-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Due to some of the different taxing authorites i have to customized the top section. The hidden rows are there to calculate the daily tax amount and carry to the bottom of the page. The user than puts in the amount collected and it will show a daily variance at the bottom. That way if there is a huge variance they can reasearch instead of waiting until the end of the month and than trying to figure out what day the variance occured.

Bob Phillips
09-16-2008, 10:12 AM
That doesn't explain anything. IT is just another set of words saying what you said in the first post. Why do you need hidden rows, and what do you do in them?

TheAntiGates
09-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Perhaps he meant hidden column (D). If so, then one can see what he/she does there - just row by row multiplication.

As to another way, avoiding having column D, whether hidden or otherwise, C102 could instead perhaps be
=SUMPRODUCT(B7:B18,C7:C18)+SUMPRODUCT(B20:B96,C20:C96)

Yes, that row 19 does get in the way! Yet for consistency C97 could be
=SUM(C7:C18)+SUM(C20:C93)

I'm not knocking xld's strong and accurate solution posts, just adding another possible perspective. It looks like he's up and the rest of the world's asleep as he's on almost every post on this page in this forum!