PDA

View Full Version : file/object attachment

MontySharpei
09-16-2008, 06:43 AM
hello once more,

Ok so the health and safety bods have caught up with us and we now have to do risk assesments for everything ! so I have come up with the attached spreadsheet. The top half works brilliantly but im stuck on getting files attached.

If the 'click here to attach file' command button is pressed currently this activates the macro stored in module 2 which will display the open object window. I then select the file I want to attach, tick both 'link to file' and 'display as icon'. press ok and this will insert the icon into a cell that i have called RA3ATT (cellsF24:f29). My problem now is when I want to attach another file it places it over the of the previous attachment. How can I get it to drop it to the right of it say column G24??

your help would be appreiciated.

Bob Phillips
09-16-2008, 07:25 AM
What is the range name RA3ATT used for? You could trye redefining that for each attachment.

MontySharpei
09-16-2008, 09:47 AM
the cell ra3att isnt used for anything specifically, it was just the position where I wanted the first file to be attached. Then if a second file is attached I would like that next it it to the right, and so on for the third...