PDA

View Full Version : Textbox - cannot tab to it on user form

Glaswegian
09-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Hi

This one has me tearing my hair out...:banghead:

I have a userform which contains 19 textboxes. Users should mark a completion date in box next to the relevant task they have completed. This particular box should be TabIndex 17. However, when tabbing through the textboxes on the form, this textbox will not take the focus. It's as if it isn't there.

I have deleted it and recreated it; I have deleted it and copied from one of the existing boxes; I have renumbered all the TabIndex values - several times; I have checked and checked the properties of each textbox and they are all the same. The only code involved is on the Exit Event from each Textbox and that is only formatting.

Each box is Enabled, not Locked, Visible, TextAlign = Left, TabStop=True and so on.

I have never seen this problem before.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I'll buy the beer....

MaximS
09-17-2008, 07:08 AM
Sample file will help to solve your problem quicker.

Glaswegian
09-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I was just checking the stripped down sample I was creating, and notice that, having removed most of the code behind the form, the tabbing now works correctly. Safe to assume there must be something in the other code that's causing the problem. Not sure what at the moment, but at least I can review what I have and see if I can find the cause.

Thanks again - I'll be back if I still have problems.