PDA

View Full Version : Finding Max or Large in non contiguos range

lifeson
09-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Evening All
How would I code a routine to find the max value (Largest Date) from a range of cells in column C where column A = 1

As usual an example should make it easier to understand than explain

There are some ramblings of code in a module

The end result should return the value from column b on the same row as the max date

RonMcK
09-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Lifeson,

several questions: Where do you want these values (end result of each search) to be returned to? Do you want to query on an individual ID or do you want a group snap shot of the status each ID on the page?

Thanks,

lifeson
09-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Ron
The page is part of an error logging utility I am trying to put together
I originally had a page of errors with the current status of the error on the same page, but I soon realised that I would need to have a seprate sheet to track the different stages (status's) the error would go through.
So one error can have many status's but only the status with the largest date would be the current status
This current status would be shown in a list view of all the errors

I have attached the whole workbook but the list view is showing the status from the worksheet("data") but it should show the status with the largest date from the worksheet("Events")

RonMcK
09-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks, for the additonal file. I'll work on this, tonight, on my PC at home; Excel 2004 on Mac, my work desktop, chokes on some of you objects.

Cheers,

lifeson
09-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanx Ron :thumb

It was compiled on 2000

RonMcK
09-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Problem is with Mac limitations, not 2000 vs 2004 differences (or the 2002/2003 I have at home).

<sigh>