PDA

View Full Version : CHANGING AUTOTEXT TICKS TO CROSSES

Greg
09-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi all,

After downloading and reading Charles Kenyon's checkbox template I successfully changed a checkbox field from a tick to a cross. The template can be downloaded via the link below.

Since then I have changed my settings (and begun using Word 2007) and I have been unable to replicate the result. I don't know if I am the problem or whether it's Word 2007.

Be that as it may, the template mentions that instead of using autotext to change the checkbox from a tick to a cross, the same can be done using macros. Charles Kenyon states as follows:

"The Y/N toggle uses the same principles as the checkbox toggle but cycles through three AutoText entries. It could be done without the AutoText entries by using macros that insert the macrobutton fields in the document directly. However, most users find AutoText less intimidating than VBA."

As I am having so much trouble with this in Word 2007 I wonder if anyone could help me with the macros that Charles Kenyon refers to. It may in fact be a lot easier than the autotext method in the template.

http://www.addbalance.com/word/download/index.htm

I hope you can help.

Regards,

Greg.