PDA

View Full Version : Using Excel with ACT

blinkme323
09-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Hey guys, my company is currently using a VB coded Excel sheet to estimate certain jobs. We are also using ACT 10 as our contact manager. There is a tool that allows you to attach and save excel sheets to the ACT databse that we would like to use. The tool works by embedding certain functions within the excel sheet, such as "setting_SaveAs", "setting_Attach" , etc.

Whenever I input the "save as" function and try to use the excel sheet I am hit with a "run-time error 1004, unable to set the MergeCells property of the range class." I know it's a shot in the dark, but does anyone know why this might be happening? Or why the "save as" function would have this effect? I'm kind of at a loss.

Thanks

Kenneth Hobs
09-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't know that program. Are you using merged cells? If so, that may not be addressed by the function.

blinkme323
09-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Merged cells are being used, but I'm not sure why the program would work fine without the "save as" and then generate an error with it.

Kenneth Hobs
09-19-2008, 05:58 AM
Most likely, they are doing something in the code where they didn't plan on merged cells being used. They require some special handling sometimes. You will have to contact them to resolve the matter most likely.

Database-wise, merged cells are a no-no.