PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Excel...

jayploc
09-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Ok I have an Excel workbook with 3 sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are titled "MCLCW Participants for Workshop" and "Fall 2007 ASW Listing" respectively. Each sheet setup the same (same headings), but with a different roster.
After the PID column oh each sheet is a TOTAL column that totals the attendance for students who went to ASW workshops (sheet 3 is complete). Sheet 2 is a seperate roster, and I want the info for the people on sheet 2 to be filled in like it is on sheet 3 (if they are even on it).
Hopefully I explained what Im trying to do. I basically just want to create a TOTALs column in sheet 2 based on sheet 3... The columns with tallies for each specific date are not necessary.

If anyone has any tips, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bob Phillips
09-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Is this what you want?

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C2,'Fall 2007 ASW Listing'!C:D,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(C2,'Fall 2007 ASW Listing'!C:D,2,FALSE))

jayploc
09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Im guessing that is supposed to be copied down the TOTAL column on sheet 2... I copied your code and when I pasted, it give me the "formula typed contains an error." I think it may have to do with the smileys that were automatically inserted, although I don't know their code or how to disable them so I can copy correctly (assuming that is the problem)

jayploc
09-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Nevermind its ":D". It does work, thank you very much.