PDA

View Full Version : Command button to save and add data?

joeyc
09-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi,

Let me start off by saying I think I dug a hole for myself and am trying to fix this thing. I am good with formulas and not with writing custom code.

I have a workbook that I attached as a sample. The purpose of this workbook is to streamline the data entry process. A user would complete the set of questions on the Fee Input page (and there are A LOT of them, no doubt!) and these answer will get transferred over to the other pages. Simple enough?

The problem is this workbook can only hold 1 product. This is THE problem! Now we deal with high volume. One client may have 20 products. So that means I need 20 workbooks. Needless to say, this is cumbersome.

My question is, at this point what can I do so that this workbook can house many products? Is their a solution you can see that I am overlooking?

Please let me know if I am not explaining anything clearly. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

:help

georgiboy
09-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Are you printing the sheets such as Callan and Cambridge or emailing them to someone?
Does each product have the same amount of sheets?

joeyc
09-20-2008, 05:37 AM
I am not printing these sheets or emailing the file to someone.

Each product does have the same number of sheets. Actually there are quite a very sheets in this workbook but I gave you a simpler version of what I have. The logic is, if I can workout out this problem with a few sheets I can do it with many.

Thank you for your response. I am curious as to why this information is valuable to you and what you might have in mind here... :think:

Carl A
09-20-2008, 08:12 AM
If you can have up to 20 products per customer wouldn't a database be more effective? The reason I mention this is that if your customer base increases then the number of workbooks will also increase. You can always retrieve the information from the database and perform the calculation as needed. If you don't have a database you can use a sheet in the main workbook to store the information on each customer as a excel database.:2p:

joeyc
09-20-2008, 09:25 AM
I am not looking for a database solution because I am not trying to store data. We are doing data entry here.

Each database (Callan, eVestment, etc.) requires the data in a unique format. My idea was to enter have a master page with all the questions (fee input) and then link that data to other sheets (Callan, eVestment) that are databases which we do data entry in.

Now, everything is built. The workbook is accurate and functional.

The problem is it can only hold 1 product. I need the workbook to hold 10 products. What would be the easiest way to expand on this? If you look at the sheets you will see I used a lot of formulas. I can replicate all of this but this would be inefficient. Is their a faster way that I am overlooking?

:dunno