PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Copying Rows

j19_2002
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
I have another problem I need help with. I have attached a spreadsheet showing the layout of work being done. What I want to do is once the entries are complete, I want to check each row and if there's an entry under "Code" I want to take the complete row and have it copy and attach it to the worksheet named 'Notification'. I would like to have it happen for all of the entries in the "Worklist". Could someone please help??

if the worksheet needs to be re-arranged please let me know as well.

Thank You.

Bob Phillips
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim LastRow As Long
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Columns("N")) Is Nothing Then

LastRow = Worksheets("Notification").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Target.EntireRow.Copy Worksheets("Notification").Cells(LastRow + 1, "A")
End If
End Sub
Dim LastRow As Long

End If
End Sub

j19_2002
09-22-2008, 03:58 PM
am I doing something wrong, when i try and run it, it doesnt recognize anything.......it asks me to run a macro and i cant find anything. Sorry I am a novice at this......

Bob Phillips
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry that messed up a bit, this is what I meant to post

Dim LastRow As Long

End If
End Sub

This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be
placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard
code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select
the View Code option from the menu, and paste the code in.

j19_2002
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
ok i went ahead and copied the code into worksheet1 which is where all the information is being inputted. It gave me this error after I completed one row and hit enter after entering the code:

Run Time Error '9':
Subscript out of range

and it highlighted the text below in yellow:

Just FYI: i am putting information into sheet 1 and once a code is entered at the end I want that row to be copied into sheet 2 which is named Notification

Bob Phillips
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
That says that you don't have a worksheet called Notification!

j19_2002
09-22-2008, 04:40 PM
LOL!!! I am so sorry. I forget that spelling in programming is so sensitive. I had an I where it shouldnt have been..... =)

it works perfect!!!

Thank You So Much for your help. I'm sure i'll be back next week with another problem.....

j19_2002
09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
It works perfectly but there's one thing I have noticed when entering the error codes, it's very key sensitive. Is it possible to have it only copy after you press enter after entering the code?? because if I enter the code and than press enter it copies the row twice.

Bob Phillips
09-24-2008, 10:40 AM
It should only work after enter, and not twice.

j19_2002
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
It does it twice for some reason. If I enter the code and than click on another cell it will do it only once but it's a habit to press enter and to go back and check the 2nd sheet defeats the purpose of having the macro. It's weird I know, cuz I looked at the code and it's only suppose to happen when you hit enter like you say, but I duuno, maybe I did something wrong?? Also is it possible to have it auto-update itself. Lets say for example I made an error on the code part and go back and change it to another code, instead of copying it again and make it a 2nd entry, can it just auto-update the code and leave the rest of the row the same? It's not necessary, just asking if possible =]