PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Bar MS ACCESS

Ronald_yoh
09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi there,

does anyone know how to reset the scroll bar in ms access? so when i load/open the form, the scroll bar will always be at the top.

I have a form with 3 sections (header, detail, and foot) but I think the scroll bar will only play on detail section. Everytime I open the form, the scroll bar's always in the middle.

any thoughts?

Thanks
R

CreganTur
09-25-2008, 05:18 AM
I have a form with 3 sections (header, detail, and foot) but I think the scroll bar will only play on detail section. Everytime I open the form, the scroll bar's always in the middle.

They are three separate sections. If your header and footer are fully expanded to show all of the objects they contain, then they will not have a scroll bar. If not, then they will each have their own individual scrollbar. Form's only show scrollbars if they are not large enough to show all of the objects in their respective sections.

Does that answer your question, or is there an issue with the scrollbar for the Details section of your Form?

Ronald_yoh
09-25-2008, 05:25 PM
hey mate... seriously not addressing my questions..

my question was how to keep the vertical scroll bar on the top while opening the form?

atm, the scroll bar is always in the middle while opening the form so only the middle part of the form is being shown.

cheers
R

CreganTur
09-26-2008, 06:21 PM
What object has focus when your Form loads? If it's an object halfway down your form, then that might be pulling the scroll bar down so the focused object is seen.

If that doesn't fix it, then please attach your Form.

Ronald_yoh
09-26-2008, 07:03 PM
mate... u were right.. it is focusing on the subform and trying to fit it within the window.

do you have any solutions? (assume in that form I have that subform as the only object - so can't really setfocus to another object).

cheers
R

CreganTur
10-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Without seeing the form I can't really offer much of a suggestion, especially since you want me to assume that there are no other objects on the form, other than the subform... which leads me to the question: If the only object of any importance on this form is a subform, then why aren't you opening the subform as a main form on its own?

Are you sure your window is sized appropriately? increasing the size may help.

ottoS13
10-06-2008, 04:30 PM
a quick hack could be to add a textbox above your sub form, make it hidden, set the tab order to be ahead of the subreport and then set the focus to that?

or does the subform open up like that when viewing it by itself?

Ronald_yoh
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
i did that.. got an error "cannot change the focus to another object" while opening the form..

when i removed the subform, the main form was opened normally..