PDA

View Full Version : "one hundred" converted to 100

jproffer
09-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Attached is a WB I made up to convert from spelled out numbers back to numbers. There's really no specific question, but if anyone has a better/faster/easier way, or (even better) a way to do it by code without worksheet support, feel free to change it at will.

The formulas and tables are on the right, formatted with white font but if you select A1:IV10000 or so and format to black font color, that will way more than cover it.

jproffer
09-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Finally got this finished. I don't know how useful it is, or if anyone needs such a thing or not, but if you use it, I would appreciate if you would let me know of any problems. Other than that, no credit is needed (or necessarily deserved, lol...you haven't tried it yet), just enjoy.

Forum doesn't allow *.xla files so to use it as an add-in (it's original format), you'll have to open and "Save As" an *.XLA (excel add-in) file.

lucas
09-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Try this (http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=endownloadfunctions). It is a function that was developed by Mr. ERLANDSEN

The page is a listing of functions he has developed. The one you are looking for is the very first one.....

jproffer
09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the link. The function to change TO spelled out numbers, I found online...probably on here. I looked but couldn't find anything to convert from spelled numbers to numbers, so I made it up. Just threw the function in the add-in to make it sorta complete (goes both ways).

lucas
09-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Sorry, I see that now.....by the way your second attachment is an invalid file. At least it was for me. You should upload one that works in case anyone needs this.....If it works really well you might want to submit it to the knowledgebase.

jproffer
09-30-2008, 10:04 PM
OK, lets try again. A few things you'll have to do after downloading:

File > Save As > save into your add-ins folder. Make sure to save it as a *.xla file (very bottom choice in the list below where you would type the name to save as)

Go into VBA (Alt+F11), click on the worksheet just to highlight it...
Open the properties window (F4) and set "IsAddin" to True...

Open workbook code module and add this code:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
Call DeleteMenu
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Call CreateMenu
End Sub

Oh, and I'm not sure it's KB worthy...just a little, almost completely useless, thing, lol.