PDA

View Full Version : Excel crasches while opening files with references.addfromfile

jerryDebruyn
10-01-2008, 04:19 AM
Dear,

We installed recently Office 2007 (excel) on a workstation. Before this, we had the office 2000 installed.

Since then , when we open the excel sheet 'produktiebonnen.xls' by clicking on the icon on the windows screen, the file starts to open and then crasches. The excel file has some macro's. Everything always worked perfect on the office 2000 and is still working on the computers on which we did not do the update to office 2007.

I found out that the errors comes after this instruction:

Application.VBE.VBprojects("VBAprojectA").References.AddFromFile "\\servername\productie opvolging.xls"

I found a solution: When I open the file "productie opvolging.xls" and after this I open 'produktiebonnen.xls' and then I run the macro's: everything runs well like before.

With other words: when I load the file before, the references.addfromfile is working. When I do not do that, it crasches on loading the file.

During all my attempts to find a solution, I got once the message that there was an error loading DLL files. (48) But I could not find out which DLL that was.

Can someone help me in finding a solution so that we can open the excel file back again from the desktop ? Or did someone had a simiral problem ?

thanks !

Jerry Debruyne