PDA

View Full Version : Managing Outlook Contacts

MWE
10-02-2008, 08:54 AM
this is nor really a VBA question, but it may lead to a VBA solution.

I am running ol2003 and WinXP.

(1) I wish to modify the standard form used to display contact information. I thought this would be easy:
I displayed the form for a particular contact "A", modified and saved the form, exited contacts, reentered contacts, called up contact A and the form was what I wanted. Seems OK. Then I called up contact "B" and the original, unmodified form was used. Appears that I have modified the form and saved it only for "A". So how do I either tell ol to use the modified form for all contacts or (starting again) how do I modify the form that will be used for all contact?

(2) I added user defined fields in Contacts (easy to do). I then discovered that user defined fields are not exportable using the standard ol export feature. Rather, user defined fields are only used within ol. MS acknowledges that user defined fields are only used within ol (acknowledged that years ago). I could use the 4 fields ol provides, i.e., User Field 1, User Field 2, User Field 4, User Field 4, but I would prefer to use the FieldNames I want and I have more than 4 fields. Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks

MWE
10-02-2008, 08:59 AM
somehow I replied to my own thread ... must be getting old